[Flac-dev] Compiling static libFLAC.a still requires libogg.dylib

Glenn McCord glenn.mccord at gmail.com
Tue Aug 17 15:18:57 PDT 2010

On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 9:51 AM, Richard Ash <richard at audacityteam.org> wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-08-17 at 15:09 +1200, Glenn McCord wrote:
>> When I do that, the error looks like
>>
>> libtool: link: gcc -I/Users/glennm/libOGG-i386/include -O3
>> -funroll-loops -finline-functions -Wall -W -Winline -arch i386 -arch
>> i386 -o flac analyze.o decode.o encode.o foreign_metadata.o main.o
>> local_string_utils.o utils.o vorbiscomment.o
>> ../../src/share/grabbag/.libs/libgrabbag.a
>> ../../src/share/getopt/libgetopt.a
>> ../../src/share/replaygain_analysis/.libs/libreplaygain_analysis.a
>> ../../src/share/replaygain_synthesis/.libs/libreplaygain_synthesis.a
>> ../../src/share/utf8/.libs/libutf8.a ../../src/libFLAC/.libs/libFLAC.a
>> -L/Users/glennm/libOGG-i386/lib
>> /Users/glennm/libOGG-i386/lib/libogg.dylib -liconv -lm
>> i686-apple-darwin10-gcc-4.2.1:
>> /Users/glennm/libOGG-i386/lib/libogg.dylib: No such file or directory
>>
>> Could this be something to do with the way libtool has been set up?
>
> Have you re-run configure since removing the dynamic libraries? If not,
> then the old libtool setup will certainly still be being applied.

Yes. After deleting libogg.dylib I do a make distclean, then rerun
configure. Configure seems to work fine although there are two lines
of interest

checking if g++ static flag -static works... no

and...

checking whether the g++ linker
(/usr/libexec/gcc/i686-apple-darwin10/4.2.1/ld) supports shared
libraries... yes

Running make will then give the libtool link error.