[Flac-dev] 'Wasted bits-per-sample' flag

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Tue Apr 27 02:09:24 PDT 2010

On Apr 27, 2010, at 01:36, Martijn van Beurden wrote:
> 2010/4/27 Brian Willoughby <brianw at sounds.wa.com>
>  i.e. I wouldn't be surprised if there are no FLAC files with this
> flag set.
> If you look for lossyWAV you'll find that it is actually being used

What?  WAV is not FLAC, and FLAC is not lossy.  I don't understand
how you can say that a bit in the FLAC format is being used in a
lossy version of the WAV format.  Those two formats have nothing in
common, except that they can be converted to audio.  lossyWAV should
be using WAV bit formats, not FLAC.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting