[Flac-dev] 32-bit sample size

Justin Ruggles justin.ruggles at gmx.com
Sun Jun 7 12:44:19 PDT 2009

Hi,

I have a question about 32-bit sample size.  It is obviously not
supported in encoding or decoding in libFLAC, but is allowed in the
format description.  The only way to allow it is in the STREAMINFO,
which means that the files would not be Subset compatible.  The Subset
constraints list the value of 7 as allowed, even though it is reserved.

So my real question is:  Is the value of 7 meant to be used for 32-bit
eventually?  If so, will 32-bit be Subset compatible at that point?

Thanks,
Justin