[Flac-dev] Flac and lyrics

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Mon Aug 31 15:06:40 PDT 2009

FLAC supports Application-specific metadata blocks.  Although I am
not aware of any which are specific to lyrics, you could create your
own.  If nothing exists, and you were to make a proposal for review
by the community, then I'm sure you could start a new standard.

On that topic, what other audio file formats support lyrics?  Where
can we see documentation for the existing formats?  It might be
helpful to look at the better designs which have come before.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting