[Flac-dev] Support for CAF in flac command-line?

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Mon Oct 13 00:41:12 PDT 2008

Michael Crawford wrote:

> However, there are many Open Source players

Yep, I believe that the distributors of those MP3 players owe
the MP3 patent holders money.

> - is there a license exception for them, just for decoding?

Not that I know of.

>  Or can they only be
> distributed from countries that don't recognize software patents?

I believe that these players are on shaky legal ground in
the US and in many other contries.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
"We respect the right of everyone to believe whatever they like. ....
But there are two important limits to religious tolerance. First, I have no
right to legal protection against your scepticism, criticism or ridicule.
Religion is too powerful a force, and is too often a cause of injustice or
evil, for it to be immune from discussion and debate."
-- David Pannick QC
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/career_and_jobs/legal/article729808.ece