[Flac-dev] Support for CAF in flac command-line?

Martin Leese martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Sat Nov 29 16:54:30 PST 2008

On Sat, Nov 29, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Josh Coalson <xflac at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Martin Leese <martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org> wrote:

>> Erik de Castro Lopo <mle+la at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
>> > Whats more, the sndfile-convert program can also convert
>> > from FLAC to the following file formats that support 63 bit
>> > file offsets:
>> >
>> >    Au, Caf, rf64, w64
>>
>> I am glad somebody mentioned RF64.
>> Supporting RF64 instead of CAF would solve
>> Brian's problem equally well, and would be the
>> natural extension to supporting WAVE.
>
> BTW current flac in CVS supports RF64 and wave64; they will be
> in the next release.  I'll have to look into CAF.

Core Audio Format (CAF) is from Apple, visit:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/MusicAudio/CoreAudio-date.html

I have never tried to code CAF, but my guess
is that it will be a lot more work than the
successors to WAVE.

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese
E-mail: martin.leese  stanfordalumni.org