[Flac-dev] FLAC Test files

Brian Willoughby brianw at sounds.wa.com
Sun Nov 2 00:40:03 PDT 2008

No, I'm not sure that the test suite produces 'exactly' the files
that you're looking for, just that there are some examples of each.
It seems that I missed the subtle details of your original request.

If you want to specify exactly what you are looking for - e.g. the
exact same audio in 8, 16, and 24 bit so that you can listen to each
version to compare amplitude, or multichannel / surround audio, then
perhaps someone on this list has non-copyrighted material that they
could send you.  I'm not sure that I have anything I can release.

You could always find similar example audio files in AIFF or WAV
format, and then convert them to flac for your testing purposes.
AIFF allows for multiple channels, although I have not tested whether
it is a simple matter to convert to FLAC from multichannel files.

Brian Willoughby
Sound Consulting