[Flac-dev] Patch : Fix cross-compiling from Linux to windows

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Fri May 23 14:11:22 PDT 2008

Josh Coalson wrote:

> > It is [now] possible to cross compile from Linux to windows, but the
> > tests don't currently work. Josh, are you interested in fixing
> > this? It should be possible to run the tests under Wine.
>
> the tests work for me under cygwin, I run them for every release.
> what happens for you?

Yes, they worik as they should under Cygwin, but running the tests
for the cross-compiled windows binaries is a little more complex.

On Cygwin, windows can figure out that if it is told to run "program",
it should look for a file named "program.exe". Linux OTOH will try
to run "program" and does not know to look for "program.exe". The
result looks like:

    ERROR can't find test_cuesheet executable
    FAIL: ./test_grabbag.sh
    ERROR can't find flac executable
    FAIL: ./test_flac.sh
    ERROR can't find flac executable
    FAIL: ./test_metaflac.sh
    ERROR can't find flac executable
    FAIL: ./test_seeking.sh
    ERROR can't find flac executable
    FAIL: ./test_streams.sh

For this particular case, these shell scripts need to figure out that
they are being run as windows binaries on a Linux system and then
use then add the appropriate file extension.

Erik