[Flac-dev] New verbosity in command line flac: progress-silent

Jean-Luc Wasmer jl+flac-dev at lists.wasmer.ca
Thu May 15 10:21:35 PDT 2008

Hi,

Would it be possible to add a new verbosity level?

Right now we have totally-silent, silent and no-silent.
The issue I have with "no-silent" is having progress updates when flac is
processing the output of another program (like CD Paranoia). Both programs
will write other each other's output which is not very useful.
If I use "silent", I don't get the final message.

I'm proposing a "progress-silent" level that would work like "no-silent"
with the exception that all progress messages would not be displayed.

I've attached a patch file of what I believe would be required to change for
this (I haven't tested it though).

Jean-Luc