[Flac-dev] flac/metaflac 32/64 Universal OS X builds

Erik de Castro Lopo mle+la at mega-nerd.com
Mon May 5 15:19:38 PDT 2008

Stephen F. Booth wrote:

> I've just finished an Xcode 3.1 project file for flac and metaflac
> that builds both tools as 32/64 bit universal binaries.  If anyone is
> interested in either the binaries or the project, I'll be happy to
> share them.

The thing that always made me curious is how do you test these
universal binaries. I meean automated testing. Josh already has
a large test suite, but if you don't run that test suite on
all four versions why bother?

Sure, you can test the native compile without problems, but how
do you test the other three? Its also the three cross-compiled
ones which are the most likely to be wrong.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo