[Flac-dev] FLAC batch process

Martin Leese martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Wed Jan 9 20:32:29 PST 2008

"Jordi Claeys" <jfclaeys at xs4all.nl> wrote:

> How can I make a batch to scan all my sub-folders for WAV and other lossless
> files to encode to FLAC?
> Unfortunately I have lots of folders with other lossless formats e.g.
> ape,wav.
>
> Now I encode every folder manual to FLAC this is a lot of work. Maybe
> somebody knows here how to create a batch for this job?

Sounds like you are using Windows.  My
advice is, use Perl.

I have just developed a set of BAT scripts to
maintain my Web pages.  These allow me to
run a script against every .php file in every
sub-folder.  While this works, if I was starting
afresh I would use Perl.  BAT files are
unnecessarily painful.

I will e-mail you some BAT files off-list so that
you can see how it is done.

Regards,
Martin
--