[Flac-dev] Rice coding

Ameya Potadar ameyap at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 23:43:01 PST 2008

yeah the chnage is not entered in the change log.. it helps in achieving
better compression for 24 bit files.. an i think it came in as a mistake cvs
merge in 1.2.1 encoder ..
neways i think Josh's( jcoalson ) reply on this thread is helpfull
http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t57624.html
my guess is u r not using 24 bit files thts why older decoder is able to
decode it.. an then again not all 24 bit files will make use of that
enhacement :)