[Flac-dev] wav to flac corruption

Martin Leese martin.leese at stanfordalumni.org
Fri Feb 8 11:57:50 PST 2008

"Stuart Fisher" <stuart.fisher at fig7.com> wrote:
> My guess is
> that many players have hard-coded 16-bit code paths. Mine certainly does,
> although in my defence it is a mobile phone FLAC player and I wouldn't
> really expect anybody to put broadcast quality audio on a mobile phone.
> Something to look at for future development though!

Does your player produce a sensible error
message when asked to play 24-bit files?
Justin's experience seemed to be that most of
the FLAC players didn't do this.

How much of the FLAC spec a player supports
is up to the developer.  However, I don't see
any excuse for a player failing cryptically.

Regards,
Martin
--
Martin J Leese