[Flac-dev] Flac player for Android

Tor-Einar Jarnbjo tor-einar at jarnbjo.name
Mon Dec 22 15:55:08 PST 2008

Hi Baris,

the Android media API (android.media) does not offer the required
capabilities to play software generated PCM samples. The first Android
SDK releases contained non-functional classes from the standard
JavaSound API (javax.sound), but these were removed in later releases. I
opened a bug regarding the JavaSound API a year ago, but it was closed
by Google with the comment that they don't intend to implement it:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=60

Tor