[Flac-dev] Re: Creating a .deb file

Joshua Kwan joshk at triplehelix.org
Tue Sep 25 15:12:39 PDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 04:15:51PM +0000, Andy Hawkins wrote:
> I didn't realise someone was actually packaging it up 'properly'. I'd much
> rather use an 'official' package than some home brewed one I made myself!

It's official in the sense that it is now an official Debian package.
I uploaded it yesterday. You can retrieve it from the unstable archive
and it should hit the testing archive in a week or so.

> I used the instructions above, and have got it all installed correctly, so
> thanks to the original reply for the useful info.
>
> I'll look forward to seeing the 'official' package. Will it be announce
> here?

It usually happens silently, but since people were making a fuss about
it, I decided to speak up.

P.S. for ubuntu you'll want to nudge the MOTUs. I don't know how that
process goes but what they usually do is just rebuild my source package
against a ubuntu distribution tree.

--
Joshua Kwan