[Flac-dev] Support .cda as input files

Conrad Parker conrad at metadecks.org
Tue Sep 18 18:31:12 PDT 2007

On 19/09/2007, Daniel Aleksandersen <aleksandersen+xiphlists at runbox.com> wrote:
> thought. What I wanted was an easier way to do drag 'n' drop music files
> from CDs onto the local system and then have those files encoded with FLAC.
>
> I think that what I actually want is for the operating systems to use .flac
> instead. Similar to what Mac OS X does with .aiff. This should probably
> have been posted in the advocacy emailing list instead.

If you want drag-n-drop support in your file manager, mail the
developers of that (eg. nautilus, KDE or whatever).

If you want to do it on the commandline, write a shell script using
cdparanoia and flac.

This is an application feature, and its development is relevant to
each application -- be that your own shell script, a file manager, or
something bundled with OS X or Gnome etc. It's not a matter of
advocacy. If this feature is important to you and you're willing to
actively track and contribute to its development across multiple
applications, then start a wiki page to track your patches.

cheers,

Conrad.