[Flac-dev] Support .cda as input files

Daniel Aleksandersen aleksandersen+xiphlists at runbox.com
Tue Sep 18 12:46:04 PDT 2007

Hi again list,

I have given the matter of supporting .cda as input format some more
thought. What I wanted was an easier way to do drag 'n' drop music files
from CDs onto the local system and then have those files encoded with FLAC.

As of now most operating systems displays files on CDs as .cda. (Which has
later been clarified not to even be a format.)

I think that what I actually want is for the operating systems to use .flac
instead. Similar to what Mac OS X does with .aiff. This should probably
have been posted in the advocacy emailing list instead.
--
Daniel Aleksandersen