[Flac-dev] 96k/24-bit BWF encoding

Justin Waddell jwaddell at gmail.com
Sun May 6 21:49:33 PDT 2007

I converted the file to AIFF and then encoded with flac (with no
warnings this time) and the same problem occurred. So it looks like
the problem could be with the 96k/24 bit implementation of flac in
various media players - foobar2000 is the only one found so far to
play the file correctly from about 8 players on both windows and
linux.

We originally thought the problem might have been with the software
producing the file as we only had files produced by an old version of
cube-tec's Quadriga software. However we have a second source of BWFs
now, and the same problem occurs.