[Flac-dev] --cuesheet include the full cue sheet or just the seekponints?

Zhang Weiwu zhangweiwu at realss.com
Sat Jun 23 06:29:49 PDT 2007

Dear list

Sorry to ask a user's question on developer list. I didn't find the user
list.

I am experimenting with --cuesheet and encoded a flac file with a
cuesheet. Result is:

      * Totem on opensuse 10.2 opens the flac file with no meta data, no
        play list. "Next" button doesn't work;
      * Mplayer on opensuse 10.2 opens the flac file with no meta data,
        no play list. "Next" button doesn't work;
      * foobar on Windows open the flac file and show a playlist. The
        title for each track is "track #" where # is the track number.
        If ask foobar to open the corresponding cuesheet, foobar display
        a playlist of rich information like correct track name (song
        name) and performer information.

My guess is either cuesheet is embeded but non of my player can let me
see it, or only seekpoints (or, information about where each track
starts) is embeded in flac file?

Thanks in advance!

Here is the cue file I used.

PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
TITLE "Harp Spectacular"
FILE "CDImage.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Impromptu, Op. 86"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 00 00:00:00
    INDEX 01 00:00:33
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Nocturne"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 01 07:10:60
  TRACK 03 AUDIO
    TITLE "Un Sospiro, Etude in D flat major (Concert Etude No. 3)"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 01 10:59:03
  TRACK 04 AUDIO
    TITLE "Romance"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 01 16:37:65
  TRACK 05 AUDIO
    TITLE "Une Chatelaine en sa Tour, Op. 110"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 01 18:42:13
  TRACK 06 AUDIO
    TITLE "Nocturne"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 01 23:05:35
  TRACK 07 AUDIO
    TITLE "Contemplation"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 01 27:45:38
  TRACK 08 AUDIO
    TITLE "Chanson dans la nuit (Song in the Night)"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 01 31:39:30
  TRACK 09 AUDIO
    TITLE "Danse des Lutins"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 01 35:04:05
  TRACK 10 AUDIO
    TITLE "Vers la Source dans le Bois"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 01 38:16:68
  TRACK 11 AUDIO
    TITLE "Feerie (Prelude et Danse)"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 01 41:51:63
  TRACK 12 AUDIO
    TITLE "Prelude"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 01 49:14:38
  TRACK 13 AUDIO
    TITLE "Impromptu Carpice, Op. 9"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 01 51:41:43
  TRACK 14 AUDIO
    TITLE "The Nightengale (after the Russian song by Alabieff)"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 01 56:34:53
  TRACK 15 AUDIO
    TITLE "Etude de Concert in E flat minor, Op. 193"
    PERFORMER "Susann McDonald"
    INDEX 01 60:40:45