[Flac-dev] FLAC__stream_decoder_process_single and FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_END_OF_STREAM

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-flac at mega-nerd.com
Wed Jul 25 01:42:21 PDT 2007

Josh Coalson wrote:

> > I get an infinite loop. Shouldn't FLAC__stream_decoder_process_single
> > return false if it gets to FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_END_OF_STREAM?
>
> it supposed to be like that actually, there's a little explanation
> here:
>
> http://flac.sourceforge.net/api/group__flac__stream__decoder.html#ga45

Ok, I've read that and I agree that the behaviour I'm seeing matches
that documentation

However, I still don't understand why FLAC__stream_decoder_process_single()
returns false when an error has occurred, but true when the read callback
returns FLAC__STREAM_DECODER_END_OF_STREAM? Why isn't end of stream treated
like any other error?

Erik