[Flac-dev] Is FLAC fully cooked for OS X yet?

Evan Olcott ev at audiofile-engineering.com
Tue Jan 2 12:07:03 PST 2007

On Jan 2, 2007, at 1:56 PM, Josh Coalson wrote:

>> OK, so I've been trying for a day now to get FLAC implementation in
>> our apps. Suffice it to say that due to the "interesting"
>> documentation [...]
>
> could you elaborate?

Well, I've just never seen anything like it before. There's a step-
through, to be sure, but I got more information out of the headers
than the actual online stuff, which seemed very intra-linked, very,
shall we say - generated automatically...

I'm used to Apple's documentation, which is very clean and clear.
This seemed a little overkill - lists of functions, lists of headers,
lists of classes, alphabetically (even though 99% of them all start
with FLAC__), etc. It seemed a little "too much" where it looks like
it could  be a lot simpler - the API isn't really as complex as it
looks like at first glance...

Ev
Technical Knowledge Officer
Head Programmer/Designer