[Flac-dev] application/flac vs. audio/flac

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 12:52:46 PDT 2007

Ralph reports:

"I believe application/flac was used in analogy to application/ogg,
and has never actually be registered. This might be an opportunity to
register the more correct audio/flac. I don't know if an informational
RFC on the flac format needs to be published for that to happen."

What do you think, Josh?  I'm in the process of writing a RFC
regarding all MIME types used in the different Xiph formats, plus I'll
undertake the painful registration process at IANA, so I'd like to
hear if you would like to take this opportunity to change the above.

-Ivo