[Flac-dev] Multichannel, usage & players?

Neil Wilkes neilwilkes at opusproductions.com
Mon Aug 27 12:19:41 PDT 2007

Hello to the list, and please forgive me if this has already been asked before.
(I am new here, you see)

The question is really simple:
Can I use FLAC to create multichannel files, ranging from 3-channel LCR, through Quad, 4.1 to 5.1 and possibly (later) above?

The projects details are essentially this:
DVD-Audio, containing MLP Lossless in stereo & surround/multichannel.
Video_TS folder included, holding DTS and Dolby Digital streams
ROM folder to be included. This is where the problems start.
I need the ROM content to be playable on both Mac & PC, and would like to be able to include either a decoder or better still a FLAC player as well as the actual audio.
Is this possible?

Neil Wilkes
Director
Opus Productions Ltd