[Flac-dev] 1.1.2 and no /usr/local/lib dependency?

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 20 13:29:39 PST 2006

--- "Scott C. Brown 02" <Scott.C.Brown.02 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG> wrote:
> i compiled flac 1.1.2 on my intel mac and it wants libflac in
> /usr/local/lib
>
> using v 1.1.1, it didn't.  i was able to put the compiled flac binary
> anywhere
> and it ran fine.  but with v 1.1.2, the compiled flac binary needs
> libflac now?
>
> can i avoid this somehow?

were you using your own build for v1.1.1 or mine?  all the binary
versions I made for OS X were supposed to be statically linked.
but those were all PPC and you didn't say what you were running 1.1.1
on.

you should be able to put it anywhere with the proper configure
arguments, how are you running configure and what is insisting on
/usr/local/lib?