[Flac-dev] Patch: zsh completion function for metaflac

Jesse W jessw at netwood.net
Mon Jul 17 19:29:26 PDT 2006

I've written a first version of a z shell completion function for the
FLAC metadata editing program, metaflac; right now it doesn't complete
any of the option arguments that arn't files, but it handles the
various options, and handles looking only for FLAC files.

I plan to implement completion for the tag options, so that, i.e.
`metaflac foo.flac --show-tag=` would automatically get a list of the
tags in the file in the background and complete their names at that
point; also, I'd hope the --set-tag= option would have a preset range
of tags to set.

My eventual goal is to make metaflac (with zsh completion) into a
more-or-less comfortable FLAC metadata editor.

The file is attached.  If the mailing system mucks it up, it's also
available at
http://netwood.net/usr/jessw/_metaflac

Please feel free to either incorporate it into the main distribution,
link to it (on the wiki or elsewhere) or use it however you like.

Jesse Weinstein