[Flac-dev] Re: Problem with CRAM and flac-1.1.2

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 3 02:50:54 PDT 2006

sorry if I'm not reading this close enough, I'm ploughing through
a bunch of emails here, but the source of this problem is what I
consider a design defect in FLAC which uses frame numbers to save
space, and confusing logic for determining whether the frame number
or sample number is stored.  if I had it to do again I would just
have it store the sample number always.

if you are going to store the sample number, this complex logic
must be observed exactly, and even then, it may not be suitable
(e.g. cannot go back to using frame numbers after using sample
numbers in a frame).