[Flac-dev] Core Audio player for OS X?

Scott C. Brown 02 Scott.C.Brown.02 at Alum.Dartmouth.ORG
Sat Nov 12 07:29:15 PST 2005

There are a few flac players on OS X now, but none (at least none that i know
of) seem to use Core Audio.  So they all freak out if i try to play a 24/96
file.

I was recently poking around with the Tiger X Code tools and there's a simple
core audio player in there

/Developer/Examples/CoreAudio/Services/AudioFileTools/

called afplay.  how hard would it be to get this thing playing flac files?

I've very new to CoreAudio, but I know there was some discussion about it
regarding flac back in July...

Scott