[Flac-dev] Patch : fix configure.in and Makefile.am problems.

Erik de Castro Lopo erikd-flac at mega-nerd.com
Sun Jan 30 14:54:31 PST 2005

On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 14:39:18 -0800 (PST)
Josh Coalson <xflac at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Erik de Castro Lopo <erikd-flac at mega-nerd.com> wrote:
> > On Sun, 30 Jan 2005 10:45:05 -0800 (PST)
> > Josh Coalson <xflac at yahoo.com> wrote:
> >
> > > OK, thanks, checked in.  once linux-ppc is ironed out the
> > > release should be ready to go.
> >
> > Long way to go yet. Mine is a G3 PowerPC so it doesn't have Altivec.
> > I've tried --disable-assembler but there's still something screwed
> > up int the Makefile.am.
>
> do you mean --disable-asm-optimizations?

Yes.

> that works for me on
> linux-x86 but there could still be something wrong with it...

On powerpc, with that option on, it still tries to link libFLAC-asm.la.

I think the problem is that the logic for including the ASM stuff is
done mostly in the Makefile.am and the automake if statements are
pretty braindead. The solution would be to figure out whether
libFLAC-asm.la is needed in configure.in and remove all the if
statements in the Makefile.am repacing them with variable substitutions
which automake gets right most of the time :-).

Erik