[Flac-dev] FLAC web redesign: need help

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 10:34:51 PST 2005

last night I started redoing the FLAC HTML, not to make it
look any different, but to convert it from the standards-
flouting, craptacular tables/fonts/attributes mess to valid
XHTML 1.0 with CSS.

even though I didn't think I was using anything that exotic,
I can't seem to make it look the same in most browsers.
compare the following two pairs that should look similar:

  http://flac.sourceforge.net/index.html
  http://flac.sourceforge.net/xhtml/index.html

  http://flac.sourceforge.net/changelog.html
  http://flac.sourceforge.net/xhtml/changelog.html

these only look similar for me with konqueror 3.0.x (x being
0 and 5).  all other browsers I tried look "wrong" (i.e. the
box placement is off) but similar:

  mozilla 1.0 (on linux and bsd)
  IE6
  firefox 0.9.2 (on windows)

can someone who knows this stuff take a look to see if there
is anything obviously wrong?

TIA