[Flac-dev] dropping id3 support

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 24 14:13:45 PDT 2004

after spending a lot of time integrating X-Fixer's winamp2
plugin code, I am on the verge of removing id3 v1/v2 support
from the plugins completely.  it is really hard to get right
in a way that works intuitively for the user, and i18n is
also a nightmare.  in id3v2 every field can have a different
encoding.

FLAC tag a.k.a. Vorbis comment support is very good now so
unless someone comes up with a really compelling reason, I'm
going to drop it in the next release.