[Flac-dev] altivec lpc_restore_signal

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 25 13:40:05 PDT 2004

--- Brady Patterson <brady at spaceship.com> wrote:

> I've had this a long time but haven't submitted it yet.
>
> I've tried to mirror the ia32 setup, so there should be a new
> subdirectory
> src/libFLAC/ppc . The first two attachments go there. The third is a
> context
> diff for src/libFLAC/Makefile.am .
>
> I have some more modified files, which I figured I'd submit after the
> above
> are checked in and working for somebody other than me. If you would
> prefer me
> to submit them all at once, let me know.
>
> I've tested this some and am reasonably confident of it. It seems to
> provide
> a decent performance improvement for decoding.

I've finally checked this in... sorry for the delay Brady!  I
may be slow but I try not to totally drop the ball.  I have been
going through all the stuff that has piled up, trying to get a
beta out.

one of the last things left is updating the project builder stuff
to work again so I can make an OS X binary release.  I think the
current autotools and libtool make the fink packaging easier also.

having your altivec stuff in is a great help, especially since
it may make FLAC compare more favorably with apple lossless
(apple lossless decoding on macs is very fast because they've
done asm optimizations; it's not as fast on windows).