[Flac-dev] Rice coding parameter

Dan Stowell danstowell at operamail.com
Sat Oct 18 13:41:03 PDT 2003

Hi,

I asked a few questions about the flac format a couple of weeks ago. One more (if you don't mind) about the Rice coding. The Rice parameter "k" can't be zero (unless I'm mistaken), yet the FLAC spec says the Rice parameter can range from 0 to 15.

I guessed, and tried adding one before using the parameter (i.e. assuming the range was really 1 to 16), and that didn't fix it.

How should I interpret those four little bits?

Once again, any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Dan

OperaMail free e-mail - http://www.operamail.com
OperaMail Premium - 28MB, POP3, more! US$29.99/year