[Flac-dev] Streaming With Flac

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 15 22:21:02 PDT 2003

--- Steven Vasquez <steve at request.com> wrote:
> We have FLAC support on our AudioReQuest products, and we allow
> streaming from our built-in web server for MP3s, but can not get Flac
> working.  Does anyone know a Windows based player that will play FLAC
> streams?
>
> I have tried the Winamp plug-in for FLAC (even updated it to 1.1.0),
> but
> streaming is not working.  We use embedded id3 tags instead of Flac
> comments if this means anything.  Thanks ahead of time.

The current official Winamp FLAC plugin does not support streaming.
There are a couple of other options:

1. you could try the unofficial version, which is a little ahead
of the current source code, (improvements by X-fixer)

   http://x-fixer.narod.ru/download/in_flac.zip

   ( read about it at http://x-fixer.narod.ru/progs/ )

2. I believe fb2k (a new player by one of the original winamp
   guys) supports FLAC streaming:

   http://www.foobar2000.org/

3. you could look into some other players; see
   http://flac.sourceforge.net/download.html at the end for
   some links to some third-party plugins for other players.