[Flac-dev] Questions about FLAC format from a java coder...

Dan Stowell danstowell at operamail.com
Mon Oct 6 01:37:04 PDT 2003

Thanks Miroslav, for your help - much appreciated.

> > RICE PARTITION SIZE: In a zero-partition-order Rice block, the
> > documentation says the number of samples in the partition is equal
> > to the frame's blocksize. Surely this should be equal to the
> > frame's-blocksize-minus-the-predictor-order, since we shouldn't need
> > to encode residual for the warmup samples?
> You are right.

In that case, can I suggest that someone should update the text in the very last table cell of http://flac.sourceforge.net/format.html - it currently gives false information!

All the best,
Dan
OperaMail free e-mail - http://www.operamail.com
OperaMail Premium - 28MB, POP3, more! US$29.99/year