[Flac-dev] FlacPak

Josh Green jgreen at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 18 20:38:24 PST 2003

> Steve Lhomme wrote:
>
> You might try to contact the makers of FruityLoops. Right now their
> samples packs are in Ogg format (stored in a WAV IIRC). They like open
> and free formats (they also use the LAME encoder).

I've thought of doing lossy compression before on instruments, but I'd
much rather stick to lossless, at least for now. There are issues to be
sorted out when doing lossy compression, specifically in regards to loop
points. It would be nice to get the nice compression ratios that Ogg has
to offer, but in the world of high quality instruments, I don't think it
makes as much sense. I'll leave some expansion to allow for something
like this to be implemented in the future, though. Cheers.
	Josh Green