[Flac-dev] libFLAC internals

Brady Patterson brady at spaceship.com
Wed Feb 26 02:31:03 PST 2003

On Fri, 21 Feb 2003, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> No, 1 <= order <= 32. There is -l option :).

Indeed.  For some reason I decided to debug an optimized build, which for some
reason was showing order being off by a factor of 4.  Thus it appeared that
order%4 == 0 in that case, when actually it wasn't.  Needless to say I've
turned off optimization for the time being, which I should have done earlier.

> Everything should be 4 byte aligned, residual is 8 byte aligned on GNU
> libc based system. If this isn't good enough (and it isn't for SSE2),
> we will have to replace appropriate malloc calls.

It isn't, and I'm currently doing just that.

> However, you can copy qlp_coeffs on stack for better alignment.

You mean copying them into a local array in read_subframe_lpc_(), right?  I'd
still have to manually align that array, though, or am I missing something?

> IIRC powerpc has performance counters, if you want the best code, use them.

Good idea.

Cpocuba, or however that would approximate in Roman letters :) .

--
Brady Patterson (brady at spaceship.com)
Do you know Old Kentucky Shark?