[Flac-dev] non-PIC code in shared libs again

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 18:24:02 PST 2003

--- Matt Zimmerman <mdz at debian.org> wrote:

> In order to fix this for Debian, I changed things around to build the
> .a
> libraries as libtool convenience libraries; this takes care of PIC
> and they
> can be portably linked into shared libraries (I believe libtool would
> complain about this otherwise).
>
> Josh, how would you feel about me merging these changes into flac
> CVS?

In my haste I misread this originally and thought you attached
a patch.  Since there is a delay in getting CVS moved over to
Xiph, go ahead and check it in.  Take care to 'cvs update' first
before committing since I had to change a bunch of licensing text
everywhere, and also I will be applying Miroslav's patches.

Thanks a lot, hope this will slay the xmms plugin problems once
and for all...