[Flac-dev] cd archival (revisited/again)

jason jason at doomba.com
Fri Dec 26 02:02:06 PST 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-25 at 21:35, Josh Coalson wrote:
> --- jason <jason at doomba.com> wrote:
> > is there a cuesheet syntax document someplace?
> it's not really standardized that well.   there are some links
> here: http://flac.sourceforge.net/documentation.html (search
> for --cuesheet)

hmmmm.... i just reread the faq and your right... i'm kind of losing
interest in cuesheets except as a mechanism for preserving everything
the cd stored.

> > so next task is to add song titles and such.  (assuming single
> > flac-as-cd-container with embedded cuesheet), I looked all over and I
> > can't find anything which discusses vorbis comments where file is not
> > 1-to-1 with track.  I read a little bit of xmms flac plugin trying to
> > see how it parses flac files but i didn't see anything.  is it
> > supported
> > at all?
> none of that is standardized.  there's a question in the faq
> as to why it isn't.

even better.  i'll just do my own thing then.  I'm thinking XML.  throw
together a DTD or something and go from there.  or is there a better way
(IE: has anybody already suggested?)

after all, for my purposes, i'm just preserving information until such
time that a real system is devised, and then I'll convert.

jason