[Flac-dev] upcoming 1.0.4

Josh Green jgreen at users.sourceforge.net
Sun Sep 22 18:35:02 PDT 2002

On Sun, 2002-09-22 at 12:44, Josh Coalson wrote:
> Thanks to everyone for the feedback on 1.0.4_beta.  Things
> have settled down now so I have scheduled sep 24 for the
> 1.0.4 release.  If you have any patches, get 'em in quick...
>
> Josh

There was just one thing I noticed with the 1.0.3 release, and thats
that the FLAC__VERSION_STRING definition won't work right. It appears as
such in format.h:

/* VERSION should come from configure */
#ifdef VERSION
#define FLAC__VERSION_STRING VERSION
#endif

The config.h file won't be included though once all these files are
installed, so there doesn't appear to be a way to get the version from
FLAC currently. Perhaps a "version.h.in" should be created that gets
installed and put something like:

#define FLAC__VERSION_STRING @FLAC_VERSION@

#define FLAC__VERSION_MAJOR @FLAC_VERSION_MAJOR@
#define FLAC__VERSION_MINOR @FLAC_VERSION_MINOR@
#define FLAC__VERSION_MICRO @FLAC_VERSION_MICRO@

Then configure.in could look like so:

FLAC_VERSION_MAJOR=0
FLAC_VERSION_MINOR=9
FLAC_VERSION_MICRO=0
FLAC_VERSION=$FLAC_VERSION_MAJOR.$FLAC_VERSION_MINOR.$FLAC_VERSION_MICRO

AC_SUBST(FLAC_VERSION_MAJOR)
AC_SUBST(FLAC_VERSION_MINOR)
AC_SUBST(FLAC_VERSION_MICRO)

AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(flac, $FLAC_VERSION)

AC_OUTPUT([blah.. blah.. src/blah/version.h.in])

Cheers.
	Josh Green