[Flac-dev] AMD debugging test files available

Matt Zimmerman mdz at debian.org
Wed Sep 11 11:09:01 PDT 2002

On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 01:01:15PM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> Upon disassembling my machine, I discovered that I had some PC100 RAM
> clocked at 133MHz, and this was likely the source of my problem.  I'll
> re-run the test files and see what happens now.

I just ran the tests on an Athlon XP 2000+ (flac 1.0.3), and everything
succeeded:

PASS: ./test_streams.sh
==================
All 4 tests passed
==================
make[2]: Leaving directory `/tmp/flac/test'
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/flac/test'
make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/flac'
make[1]: Nothing to be done for `check-am'.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/tmp/flac'
make check  1324.65s user 88.33s system 99% cpu 23:40.07 total

I should be able to try it on the machine which originally had the problem
(which is now clocked down to its rated memory speed), and I suspect that it
will succeed as well.  This solved the memory test failures and random
crashes that the box was experiencing previously.

--
 - mdz