[Flac-dev] nice idea

Hod McWuff hod at wuff.dhs.org
Wed Oct 2 04:22:56 PDT 2002

I think he's trying to reversibly massage the data in order to exploit
strengths in those compression programs. I'm a bit fuzzy on the details
too, but it does seem to me that general purpose compression might
reduce the disk size of the residual. I'm not sure if the space gain
would justify the extra decompression effort, though.