[Flac-dev] xmms plugin, fileinfo

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 18 10:55:03 PST 2002

--- Miroslav Lichvar <lichvarm at phoenix.inf.upol.cz> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 09:07:39PM +0100, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
> > Here is preliminary patch for fileinfo for xmms plugin. Saving and
> > removing of the tag isn't working.
>
> Ok, no comments, so here it is.

sorry, couldn't keep up this weekend...

> > When saving, how handle id3v1, v2?
> It manipulate (display, edit, remove) only vorbis comment, nothing
> else. When saving or removing, only displayed values will be changed.
> This
> keeps other fields in block untouched.

I think this is OK.  Vorbis comments are the preferred
method and there are lots of id3 taggers.

There should be only one Vorbis comment metadata block in a
file, i.e. if there is more than one it is OK to only work on
the first one.

> If there are more fields with same name in comment block, only last
> one will be manipulated. If the field is removed, next field with
> such name will "appear".
>
> > Display and edit more fields (e.g. performer)?
> No.
>
> > How handle genres? Combo with predefined values?
> Cut and pasted from vorbis plugin.

this is all OK.  I'll apply your patches as soon as I get
a chance.

> BTW, when new vorbis comment block is shorter than old block, it
> would
> be cool if FLAC__metadata_simple_iterator_set_block extended
> contiguous
> padding block (instead of making new padding block).

that's a good idea but a little bit harder because of the
way the simple iterator is implemented.  I'll add it to my
list.