[Flac-dev] Mac OS X - xmms plugin probs

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 24 17:20:03 PDT 2002

--- Ben Hines <bhines at alumni.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> At 10:39 AM -0700 5/21/02, Josh Coalson wrote:
> >--- Ben Hines <bhines at alumni.ucsd.edu> wrote:
> >>  I guess the problem is really why is it trying to relink it?
> >>
> >>  The "parse error: condition expected:" is suspicious, though..
> maybe
> >>  it's another "zsh as sh" problem... hmm..
> >
> >I don't remember having any trouble building the plugin on
> >my ibook but that was a few months ago, so my memory may be
> >fuzzy.  I'll try again and post what I get.
>

> I think the key is attempting to build it with a DESTDIR. Be sure you
>
> use a DESTDIR - and a prefix. :)
>
> I actually found some hints about this bug in libtool:
>
> "libtool 1.4.2 (gettext 0.11): Relinking fails when DESTDIR set"
>
> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/bug-libtool/2002-February/003018.html
> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/libtool/2002-April/006244.html
> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/libtool/2002-April/006250.html
>
> They have a patch to supposedly fix the bug. This patch works with
> another package i was having problems with, but not FLAC.
> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/libtool/2002-April/006268.html
> http://mail.gnu.org/pipermail/bug-libtool/2002-February/003019.html
>

> Also, FLAC needs the "The loadable module bug" libtool patch which is
>
> listed at this page:
> http://fink.sourceforge.net/doc/porting/libtool.php

Ben,

I ran across a possible fix on another mailing list:

http://lists.freshrpms.net/pipermail/rpm-list/2002-April/000746.html

Try changing the libxmms_flac_la_LIBADD line in
flac/src/plugin_xmms/Makefile.am to:

libxmms_flac_la_LIBADD = $(top_builddir)/src/libFLAC/libFLAC.la
-L$(top_builddir)/src/libFLAC/.libs @XMMS_LIBS@

If this works, let me know and I'll check it in.