[Flac-dev] problem with seek_absolute in libFLAC++

David Collett jg at webone.com.au
Wed Jun 19 01:42:04 PDT 2002

Hello,
I have been changing my (C++)program over to the new FLAC++ API which
has gone relatively smoothly.

However, the function seek_absolute() (from the FLAC::Decoder::File
class) does not seem to work. It always returns false and doesnt seek at
all. Using gdb, I have narrowed down the problem somewhat, but being the
novice programmer that I am, I still don't know whats wrong.

When I call the seek_absolute() function eg.

seek_absolute(3561525);

and step inside it with gdb, then print the value of "sample" (the
arguement), it is NOT 3561525, rather it is some huge number like
 4621539102901141517.

I figure it could be something to do with types or something,
seek_absolute expects a FLAC__uint64, I have tried a few things along
this line without success eg.

FLAC__uint64 seekpos = 3561525;
seek_absolute(seekpos);

doesn't work either.

Does anyone know what this problem is, or has anyone else had problem
with seek_absolute of the C++ File decoder class ??

Thanks,
Dave