[Flac-dev] command-line: AIFF writer advice

Brady Patterson brady at spaceship.com
Wed Jul 31 14:58:02 PDT 2002

On Tue, 30 Jul 2002, Josh Coalson wrote:
(Matt wrote):
> > A more flexible approach might be to use libaudiofile or a similar facility,
> > so that multiple input formats can be automatically recognized, and future
> > formats supported in a generalized way.

Agree completely.  I did this because I wanted to get something working with as
small a change as possible.

> Brady, I would say for now, your proposal is fine.  I am going
> to move flac to getopt soon...
>
> Matt, that would be cool if you wanted to take on the audiofile
> support.  I have actually been waiting to ask you for that,
> waiting until I got the getopt support done, and the new
> higher-level encoder layers in libFLAC that will pull in some
> of the madness from flac in a structured way.  the flac code
> should be in much better shape then for the audiofile rework.

Given all that, there's not much point in me doing this now.  Josh, have you
started with the getopt work?  If not, I can do that, presumably allowing you
to switch to the higher-level libFLAC interface quicker.  Once all that's done,
I'd be willing to do the audiofile work myself or jointly with Matt.

--
Brady Patterson (brady at spaceship.com)
How come I can't hurt this damn turtle?