[Flac-dev] [w.jacobs@btclick.com: flac-1.0.1-osx-ppc.]

Josh Coalson xflac at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 29 16:56:01 PDT 2002

OK, let me try... forgive me if I explain too much.

First, I would recommend getting the latest version, 1.0.3,
if for no other reason than the better README.osx file included.

The OS X binary distributions is just a compressed tar file
of the executables and documentation.  There is no installer.
If you need help extracting the files let me know and I'll
back up.

Assuming you've extracted the tar file to some directory,
you will have several directories, one of which is bin/.
Inside bin/ are the only two programs you'll need: flac
and metaflac.  These are typically run from the command-line
in a Terminal window.  You can copy these anywhere and
run them from anywhere.

The instructions on how to run flac are in file
doc/documentation.html.

Josh