[Flac-dev] Developing SoundFont FLAC compressor using libFLAC

Josh Green jgreen at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Jul 20 11:23:03 PDT 2002

> --- Josh Green <jgreen at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> I'll let the list know when SF-FLAC is finished, should anyone be
>> interested. I'm considering starting a FREE SoundFont compressor
>> campaign, so users will stop using SoundFont encoders that aren't
>> available on platforms such as Linux. This would also pressure some of
>> the existing formats to release Linux versions. In order to do this I
>> need to program a stand alone compressor/de-compressor utility that
>> can
>> work in Windows, OSX, etc. So I will probably working to get libFLAC
>> compile with MingW32 (has this been tried?) Cheers!
>
> It should work... someone sent in patches for it a while
> back which I incorporated, but let me know.
>
> Or, with Cygwin you can use the straight auto*/libtool build
> system on Windows just like with Unix.
>
> Josh

Sorry, I don't do windows :) I cross compile with MingW32 on Linux and then
test with wine, he he. I'll give it a try. BTW, I finished my SoundFont
FLAC compression plugin, although it is not available on the net for
testing yet. I will probably write a stand alone utility soon. Much praise
for new metadata handling functions, everything went rather smoothly and I
was able to use the file decoder. libFLAC is looking really flexible now,
congrats! Cheers.
    Josh Green