[Flac-dev] linking with libFLAC on Mac OS X

Chris Campbell chrispcampbell at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 31 21:52:02 PST 2002

Hi everyone.

I'm working on a FLAC plugin for the Java Media Framework (JMF) on Mac
OS X.  I'm having some trouble linking to libFLAC... When I first try to
link to it, it tells me the libFLAC.a TOC is out of date, so run ranlib.
  So then I run ranlib, and it seems to be okay, except I then get
undefined symbol errors:

% cc -bundle -I/System/Library/Frameworks/JavaVM.framework/Headers
-I./flac-1.0.2-osx-ppc/include/ -L./flac-1.0.2-osx-ppc/lib/ -lFLAC -o
libflacjmf.jnilib -framework JavaVM flacdecoder.c
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_FLAC__stream_decoder_process_metadata

I've tried it even without the Java-specific options, and it still fails.

Has anyone had any luck linking with libFLAC on OS X?  Any help would be
appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

--