[Flac-dev] stat() and Windows

Steve Lhomme steve.lhomme at free.fr
Wed Jan 30 01:36:08 PST 2002

En réponse à Josh Coalson <xflac at yahoo.com>:

> --- Steve Lhomme <steve.lhomme at free.fr> wrote:
> > I tried to compile FLAC on Windows (the winamp2 plugin as a test)
> and
> > encoutered a problem. The stat() function and the associated
> > structure
> > doesn't exist on Windows (Visual Studio 5/6). But _stat and the
> > structure with the same name does exist. So would it be possible to
> > change stat() and struct stat ?
>
> hmm, VC++6 has it... I'll look into it.

Ah ! I've found the problem (the solution actually)
You have to link with oldnames.lib to have the regular stat() function. So
there's no need for the changes (only add oldnames.lib to the list of libraries
in the .dsp file).

cf
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/_crt_backward_compatibility.asp