[Flac-dev] possible bug in process_metadata()

Peter Kunath research at deliplayer.com
Mon Feb 25 09:13:05 PST 2002

On Sun, 24 Feb 2002 15:31:42 +0100, you wrote:

>I have a file which isn't a FLAC sample (it's actually an
>ACE archive) where process_metadata() returns TRUE. And even
>worse, the metadataCallback() is never called (which means
>process_metadata() succeeds, although no metadata is actually
>processed). Is this legal?

Addition: today, I've scanned my HD for more of these
problematic files and I found alot of them:(( Especially
ACE archives cause this error, but also certain Baldur's
Gate & Diablo2 save files(:-)) and even BMP files! What
puzzles me is that none of these files has a 'fLaC'
signature at the beginng. Doesn't libFLAC test this ID?

   - Peter.